Thursday, November 18, 2010

I like my Audi because...

1. The name "Audi" is not to be found anywhere on the car. It's not that I don't like the name Audi, it's that I don't like a lot of exterior badging, and I like that Audi obviously doesn't need to tell the world that it's an Audi. If you don't know, then you probably won't be getting one.
2. It's black. I never had an all-black car.
3. All wheel drive feels great on the turns.
4. Seats are the best of any car I've owned.
5. Steering wheel is the best of any car I've owned.
7. The backup camera is ingenious.
8. Trunk space is enormous, with fold down rear seats. I could sleep in it!
9. The engine looks like an engine!
10. "Dynamic" setting for steering, transmission, suspension.
11. Paddle shifters.


I wish my Audi had:

1. Another hundred horsepower. So I guess I'll add a chip, and exhausts.
2. Better interior controls. Layout and function could be improved.
3. Keyless entry and start. That option available, but not on this car. :(
4. Grille without a license plate holder built in. Germans use them. I don't. So I guess I'm going to replace the grille with one made for the RS5, still not available in the US.
5. Rear side windows pop out. Totally unimportant, but still...
6. Front opening moon roof. That would be big.
7. Paddle shifters that are stationary and not move with the steering wheel, so I can shift while cornering.


2 comments:

  1. The Audi S5 steering wheel is better than the 550 Maranello's steering wheel? What do you like about it? Diameter, thickness, style?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first thing I liked about it was the double stitching. That really makes the wheel stand out as more "finished". The next thing is the bumps at 10 and 2 o'clock, which gives a good feel for the home position.

    The thing I definitely have not been able to get used to is the paddle shifters turning with the wheel.

    ReplyDelete