Saturday, October 30, 2010

New

Saturday morning, October 30. They say the best time to buy a new car is at the end of the month, when the dealer has the last few chances to sell a car and make a commission. The rent is due, they need the sale. So they should be more willing to let it go for a better price.

Well, that's the theory.

But this is the first S5 coupe they have had in over a month, and the next one will take another month from now. That means they can get a better price. And to make matters worse for me, the car just arrived at the dealership yesterday, and they have a list of people who want to see it.

I was at a distinct disadvantage.

My victory is that I got a reasonable discount considering the circumstances, but the Good News is that I drove the car home the first day it was available to view because I was the first person to show up and offer to buy it. The other guys who missed out were probably put off by all the rain that passed through the area this morning. I stayed in touch with the dealer sales rep and arrived just after the rain stopped. You snooze, you lose, guys.

Selling dealer: Miramar Audi, Miramar Rd., San Diego
The salesman on the deal was Kevin Kao. A good man.

No comments:

Post a Comment